donderdag 17 mei 2012

Iran: een redelijk complete update

Een tijdje niet over Iran geschreven, maar dat houdt niet in dat er niets gebeurt. Is er wat te melden dan? Jazeker.

Naar nu bekend is geworden is er het verontrustende nieuws dat Khamenei in het jaar 2000 openlijk aan de Spaanse minister-president Jose Maria Aznar toegaf dat hij "Israël tot aan de grond toe wil afbranden." Khamenei kennende zal hij daar in die twaalf jaar niet van afgeweken zijn.
"In a private discussion we held in Tehran in October of 2000, Ali Khamenei told me that Israel must be burned to the ground and made to disappear from the face of the Earth," Aznar told the audience. The former Spanish prime minister went on to say that Iran's spiritual leader also said that "Iran's war against the United States and Israel is inevitable."....

 ..."He meant physical termination through military force." The former Spanish leader also told the crowd that Khamenei described Israel as "an historical cancer, an anomaly," and said that he was "working toward Iran defeating the United States and Israel in an inevitable war against them." 
 Khamenei werkt er dus naar toe een oorlog te creëren met Israël en de Verenigde Staten. Nieuw bewijs over de aspiraties van Iran nucleaire wapens te ontwikkelen staven het beeld dat Khamenei heeft geschetst:

A drawing based on information from inside an Iranian military site shows an explosives containment chamber of the type needed for nuclear arms-related tests that UN inspectors suspect Tehran has conducted there. Iran denies such testing and has neither confirmed nor denied the existence of such a chamber. The computer-generated drawing was provided to The Associated Press by an official of a country tracking Iran's nuclear program who said it proves the structure exists, despite Tehran's refusal to acknowledge it.
Er zijn in Iran nog steeds mensen die het idee hebben dat een oorlog slecht kan uitpakken voor het land:
Iranian media: Commander of al-Quds Force spoke with Nasrallah, said war against Israel would 'hurt Iran and Hezbollah'; Revolutionary Guards later deny reports.
Kleine mediafail van Iran zo lezen we:
Notably, last week Nasrallah said that as opposed to the Second Lebanon War, Hezbollah now possesses the ability to hit specific Tel Aviv targets.

According to Wednesday's reports, Soleimani said that a war would allow Israel to assume the role of victim.

However, the reports apparently angered senior Iranian officials, and several hours later the Revolutionary Guards denied the story, claiming it was a "big lie published on behalf of the Zionists." According to the announcement, the West has been trying for some time to portray Hezbollah as a 'two-faced organization."
De VS hebben Israël laten weten de oorlogsplannen tegen Iran klaar te hebben en Israël heeft laten weten er klaar voor te zijn, mocht het zover komen:
The United States has completed its planning for a military strike on Iran, the US Ambassador to Israel Daniel Shapiro said in remarks at a closed conference in Tel Aviv that were broadcast on Israel TV on Wednesday night.

“It would be preferable to resolve this diplomatically, and through the use of pressure, than to use military force,” Shapiro said in comments that were recorded Tuesday and were broadcast Wednesday. “But that does not mean that option isn’t available. Not just available, it’s ready. The necessary planning has been done to ensure that it’s ready.”

Shapiro, the Channel 2 TV report said, was speaking at a closed forum in Tel Aviv — reportedly an Israel Bar Association event — and the comments were recorded by a newspaper reporter. The TV item noted that the envoy had apparently not intended for his remarks to be publicly aired.

U bent weer op de hoogte met een update die je niet terugziet in de Nederlandse media