500.000 Israëliërs worden gedwongen in schuilkelders te verblijven en een miljoen Israëliërs leven onder de dreiging van raketaanvallen.
Terroristen schoten Kassamraketten, Gradraketten en mortiergranaten af Ashdod, Beer Sheva, Yafne, Netivot, Ashkelon en de Eshkol regio.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
- 7:00 – Over the past 24 hours, over 45 rockets have hit communities in southern Israel - injuring four people, one severely, one moderately and two lightly.
- 8:00 – Route 12 is closed for traffic due to rocket attacks.
- 11:45 – The Iron Dome active missile defense system has intercepted over 27 Grad rockets - which were fired at the cities of Be’er Sheva, Ashdod and Ashkelon, together home to over 520,000 people. 25 attempts out of 27 have been successful thus far.
- 12:00 – As of now over 70 rockets have been launched from Gaza at Israeli communities, out of which 67 landed in Israeli soil.
- Overnight, IAF aircraft targeted two weapon manufacturing facilities and two rocket launching sites in the northern Gaza Strip, a weapon manufacturing facility in the central Gaza Strip and a terror activity site in the southern Gaza Strip.
- In addition, IAF aircraft targeted a terrorist in the central Gaza Strip and six additional terrorist squads who were in the final stages of preparing to fire rockets at Israel from separate locations in the northern and the central Gaza Strip. Direct hits were identified.
- 17:30 - IAF aircraft targeted two members of the Popular Resistance Committee terror organization in the Gaza Strip – a senior operative, Zuhir Mussah Ahmed Kaisi, and a collaborator, Mahmud Ahmed Mahmud Hananni. The squad had been responsible for planning a combined terror attack that was to take place via Sinai in the coming days. A direct hit was confirmed.
- 20:00 – Earlier today, IAF aircraft thwarted two terrorist squads from firing rockets at Israel from the northern and the central Gaza Strip. Direct hits were identified.
- 22:20 – The Iron Dome System has intercepted so far one of three rockets aimed at Ashdod and four of four rockets aimed at Be’ersheba–two cities with a population of more than 200,000 each.
- 23:00 - Four people were injured today; two severely, one moderately, and another lightly.